NORPAC provides our farmer-members reliable market access by exceeding customer expectations in the processing and marketing of safe, wholesome, high-quality fruit and vegetable products.
Proud of Our History...
- The cooperative was formed in 1924 as North Pacific Canners and Packers.
- Decades ago, we were among the first food processors to use America’s newest food processing technology when we installed quick-freezing units to produce IQF (individually quick frozen) products.
- Our FLAV-R-PAC® brand has become the quality standard for frozen vegetables and fruits.
- Our Santiam® brand provides premium quality canned products throughout the Northwest.
Leading the Way...
- NORPAC Foods, Inc. is Oregon’s largest fruit and vegetable processor.
- NORPAC is a nationally recognized farmer cooperative owned by 240 Willamette Valley family farmers.
- NORPAC’s farmer-members farm over 45,000 acres and produce over 600 million pounds of product annually.
- NORPAC farmers produce 27 different crops including strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, corn, beans and peas.
- NORPAC products go from harvest in the field, through processing and freezing, to packaging in one of five state-of-the-art processing plants in Oregon - all in less than four hours!
Helping the Northwest Economy...
- NORPAC is the largest unionized agricultural employer in Oregon. The cooperative employs more than 1,000 full-time workers and up to 3,500 employees during the peak harvest and processing season.
- NORPAC’s Oregon employees are represented by Teamsters and the Operating Engineers.
- Annual payroll and benefits to employees exceed $55 million.
- NORPAC Foods, Inc. owns subsidiary operations in Hermiston, Oregon and Quincy, Washington. Both facilities have a contract-supply relationship with area farmers.
Mission and Values...
NORPAC remains committed to
its mission. In addition, NORPAC honors those values held by generations
of cooperative employees and family farmers throughout the Northwest:
- Respect for people.
- Commitment to quality and service.
- Integrity, discipline and innovation.
- A spirit of cooperation.
- Support of our communities.
Stewardship of the Environment...
NORPAC serves as an industry
leader with its grower-driven commitment to good stewardship.
The guiding principles of NORPAC’s stewardship assure:
- Protection and conservation of water resources.
- Protection and enhancement of soil resources.
- Utilization of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to reduce use of pesticides.
- Conservation and enhancement of wildlife habitat.
- Conservation and recycling of nutrients.
- Provision for safe and fair working conditions for our employees and our families.
- Production of crops for NORPAC without the use of genetically modified organisms (GMO’s).
- Continual improvement of farm practices.
- Production of safe, wholesome, high-quality fruits and vegetables.